by TJ AndersonWe all know by now that the real estate market in Nashville is markedly strong, and has been for a good while now. Broader truth: It’s not just here in Middle Tennessee — all of
10 Great Things to Click
In no particular order, some worthwhile stuff to click around while on the 'Net:
1) This painting technique is so cool.
2) Two Nashville churches are collecting coats and hats and other winter wear to create "cold kits" for other homeless in the area after a 50-year old homeless man died of hypothermia on the steps of an East Nashville church last week. Temps had dipped to 25 degrees the night before his body was discovered. If you're interested in contributing, here are the details.
3) My friend Shane Stratton of Stratton Exteriors here in Nashville blogged this weekend about 10 Ways to Add Value to Your Home. Anyone looking to sell a home in 2013 should read up.
4) I want: These Caddys!
5) TMZ reported that Carrie Underwood sold the Franklin, Tennessee, home she bought after winning American Idol for $372,000, actually losing $11.5K off her original purchase price.
6) The University School of Nashville is taking registrations for its evening classes on subjects as varied as how to make the perfect pie crust, how to be an extreme couponer, and how to fly fish.
7) Right before Christmas, I did a post about the best Nashville-based blogs. I've since found a few I should have included: sports blog Outkick the Coverage, lifestyle blog Mon Tarte, and home decor blog The Decorologist, from Nashville interior designer extraordinaire Kristie Barnett.
8) Call it "board and batten," call it "wainscoating," call it whatever you want, but I really dig this DIY approach to making your walls looks more put together.
9) How to get the look of wallpaper.
10) Would you, could you make Skittles vodka?
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonI’ve made pretty plain my enduring love of bold-patterned painted concrete/encaustic tile, and if you look around home design blogs and magazines, it’s clear how much that decor
by TJ AndersonI’ve been saying this for years, but it only keeps getting more true: Historic Downtown Franklin is a treasure. Historic charm, small-town friendliness, world-class eating and
by TJ AndersonIn writing about Brentwood homes for sale the other day, I happened to mention that the Nashville suburb is touted as one of the wealthiest cities in the country, relative to the cost