by TJ AndersonOutside of Nashville real estate (and sometimes the Preds), the ladies in my life (both two- and four-legged) take up a healthy share of my focus and attention. The little one, in
Germantown Food Scene Is Blowing Up
Historic Germantown has been showing serious growth for years now, with new businesses, new construction and impressive rehabs popping up all over the neighborhood seemingly nonstop. But 2014-2015 might usher in Germantown’s full establishment as a food-lover’s paradise.
- Handcrafted by-the-cup coffee perfectionists Barista Parlor are aiming to open their third location on the corner of 4th and Monroe next spring. (The first Barista in East Nashville opened in 2012, and the buzz, forgive the pun, has been nonstop since.)
- James Beard nominee/Chattanoogan chef Daniel Lindley is getting ready to open “regional and seasonally focused American” restaurant 5th & Taylor in the Flats at Taylor Place in the fall.
- Holland House/The Pharmacy owner Terry Raley aims to open Butchertown Hall — a restaurant and beer garden — at the corner of Fourth and Van Buren in the fall too. (Eater.com called it one of the “50 Most Anticipated Restaurant Openings of 2014.”)
- New Orleans’ Cochon Butcher — among the best sandwich shops around, Food & Wine says — plans to open a Germantown outpost in the spring of 2015.
- House-roasted coffee purveyors Octane Coffee (from Atlanta) and Birmingham-bred Mexican restaurant Little Donkey are both set to open Germantown spots come spring.
- Virginia-bred burger-and-beer makers Jack Brown’s are planning to head to Nashville too, with a Germantown restaurant at the corner of Madison and Third planned for a fall opening.
- The new development at Sixth and Taylor that already houses coworking/learning space The Skillery and Pro Vita Fitness will welcome two other residents in the coming months: Steadfast Coffee (which is currently serving out of The Skillery 7 to 2 on weekdays, and plans to open in the fall), and neighborhood pub McGavock’s (which I’ve heard will serve barbecue and beer and the like). I haven’t heard a planned opening date on the latter, but I’m looking forward to it.
- Nashville Tea House, which’ll serve organic and fair trade teas and “all the best Nashville eats” is planning to open up on Taylor St. in September.
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonThere are a lot of different reasons why the Nashville real estate market has boomed over the last handful of years. We’ve seen massive cultural growth here in Nashville, from
by TJ AndersonI’m getting ready to catch some Nashville fireworks tonight with the family, but getting in a few hours of searching Nashville home listings today, too. On Independence Day, if I
by TJ AndersonFrom the no-surprise department: “Home buyers get more bang for their buck in Nashville's suburbs,” The Tennessean shared late last week.True of most cities; definitely true of