by TJ AndersonLennon Stella's home, photo via People.comI was already impressed by Lennon Stella, who, by starring in TV drama Nashville, managed to build a double-threat career as an actress and
Is Franklin TN The Greatest Southern Town
Is Franklin, TN The Greatest Southern Town?
Franklin, Tennessee, has moved into round 3 of Garden & Gun's Greatest Southern Town competition. Franklin is currently going head to head against Florence, Alabama, in the Mid-South competition, and is slightly ahead with 53 percent of the vote.
Voting ends on Sunday, March 30, and you can vote once a day.
Meanwhile, Charleston, South Carolina, and Savannah, Georgia, are competing against one another in the South Atlantic category, as are Asheville, North Carolina, and Roanoke, Virginia in the Mid-Atlantic category and Hot Springs, Arkansas, and West Monroe, Louisiana, in the West South category. It's easy to cast your vote--promise; no need to fill out a form or submit your email address.
According to Garden & Gun, "In the spirit of March Madness, we've set up a bracket featuring 32 great Southern towns going head-to-head for the championship. And your votes will determine which towns advance."
The mag opted to include only towns with populations under 150,000.
During the first two rounds of the competition, more than one million votes were cast.
Even if Franklin doesn't take home this honor from Garden & Gun, it already has plenty of feathers in its cap. Here are some of the awards our picturesque neighboring town has recently received:
- Business Week Magazine named Franklin one of the Top 50 Cities to Start a Small Business
- The National Trust for Historic Preservation has given Franklin the prestigious title of Distinctive Destination for offering an authentic visitor experience by combining dynamic downtowns, cultural diversity, attractive architecture and a strong commitment to historic preservation
- 2010 Most Romantic Main Street - National Trust for Historic Preservation
- 2010 One of the Best Cities for Startups-Zoom Prospector.com - Bloomberg Businessweek
- 2012 Best Places to Live, 52th - Money Magazine
- 2009 Top 50 City to Start a Small Business - Business Week Online
- 2009 Best Neighborhood - American Planning Association
- Money Magazine's Top 10 Places to Retire
- Great American Main Street Award Number One Small Town in Tennessee
- 5 National Register Historic Districts
- #10 for new jobs created in America and projected to be 3rd in America for new jobs over the next twenty years.
- One of 5 Best Places in America to Antique Shop
Looking for a home to buy in Franklin? Here are 3 available now for under $350K.
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonIf you’re looking to buy a home in Williamson County that gives you space for your family, room to entertain, lots of luxury and easy access to all that makes the area appealing: Let
by TJ AndersonAlong with helping people buy and sell homes in Nashville, I’ve been busy over the past handful of years pursuing a related passion, and working with a team on building new homes