by TJ AndersonLennon Stella's home, photo via People.comI was already impressed by Lennon Stella, who, by starring in TV drama Nashville, managed to build a double-threat career as an actress and
My Spring Home To Do List
by T.J. Anderson
I have lots of not so fun stuff on my spring home to do list. There’s fun stuff on there, too; don’t worry. But here’s the super necessary tasks—you know, the kind that will keep my house from burning down and my life from being basically ruined.
1) Have the HVAC system ductwork cleaned out. There are tons of reasons to have this done. Not only will it save you money on your energy bill, but Nashville-based Air Conditioning Service, Inc. reports that “by professionally cleaning your air ducts, you can gain the added benefits of making your home and/or business smell cleaner and fresher while killing germs and bacteria as well as eliminating dust accumulation and improving the overall efficiency of your unit.” Bye-bye, allergies?
2) Get the dryer vent cleaned out. Local chimney sweep company Ashbusters is tops at tackling this. Each year dyer vents are responsible for an estimated 5,500 fires, 10 deaths, and 310 injuries—making them even more dangerous than chimneys when not maintained properly.
3) Clean the gutters. Adios, soggy leaves. Scat, mosquitos! 'Nuff said.
4) Spray for pests. Likewise, I have no room for ants, roaches, mice, or brown recluse spiders in my house. There are a few green-friendly pest control companies in Music City that I'd like to try out: All-American Pest Control, Inc. and Magnolia Exterminating Company. Any of you given these guys a go?
5) Take an inventory of my home for insurance purposes. I want to photograph all the important stuff in my home--the TVs, computers, the large furniture, the things I'd be crushed to lose--so that it's all documented in case of theft or fire or flood or anything else Mother Nature has in mind. The best advice I've heard is to film or photograph these items alongside a newspaper from that day to give further credence to your claim. If you're needing to do something similar, I can't recommend Will Montgomery with Montgomery & Associates LLC enough.
What's on your spring list of things to do?
We think this will be an awesome place to hang out this spring:
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonIf you’re looking to buy a home in Williamson County that gives you space for your family, room to entertain, lots of luxury and easy access to all that makes the area appealing: Let
by TJ AndersonAlong with helping people buy and sell homes in Nashville, I’ve been busy over the past handful of years pursuing a related passion, and working with a team on building new homes