by TJ AndersonThe report I was just reading about how Nashville is now a “luxury housing market to watch” had some Williamson County findings, too. For luxury buyers, it said, Williamson is the
Nashville Real Estate Roundup
As always, there's a lot going on in the Nashville real estate realm. Here are just a handful of related headlines:
- Hot off the heels of our reporting about Faith Hill and Tim McGraw putting their $20 million Franklin farm on the market, we hear (from the best celebrity real estate blog ever, The Real Estalker) that fellow country music singer Ronnie Dunn has snapped up a $2 million mansion and the six and a half acres it sits on. The house is described as a "noble Neoclassical villa, an elegant red brick central pavilion symmetrically flanked by smaller, identical wings ... [It] sits 500 feet off the road down a picturesque tree-lined driveway and was designed, as per listing details, by noted Palm Beach architect John L. Volk." I am sort of loving all the ornate architectural details on this abode. What do you guys think?
- This Nashville homeowner has a real, real, real fancy French art collection.
- For all the talk about low home inventory in Nashville, the price of Nashville homes has risen only modestly in the past year (up 7.5 percent since this time last year).
- Meanwhile mortgage rates are rising. Rates had hit all-time lows in the months leading up to the recent increase. WTVF reports, "Now a 30-year mortgage will cost you between 4.50% and 4.75%, up from 3.40% in April."
- I loved this piece in The Tennessean that featured a couple from Rochester, NY, who chose to move to Nashville to enjoy their retirement years.
- Sheryl Crow told the Chicago Sun-Times this week that she feels right at home in Nashville.
- Plus, is Nashville in the midst of a boom in office building sales?
- And, in non-real estate related news, have you seen these four dogs riding side car in Nashville?
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonI’ve made pretty plain my enduring love of bold-patterned painted concrete/encaustic tile, and if you look around home design blogs and magazines, it’s clear how much that decor