If you're a human being and you're on the internet ever, you've seen a do-it-yourself headboard project somewhere online. They're one of the best and most popular uses for scrap building supplies. Here are five ideas that you can knock out with very little to no carpentry experience.
1) Pallet. Pallets have been the big thing to upcycle this year, with lots of them getting reimagined as headboards. Some of them turn out pretty meh if you ask me, but here's one of the best examples I've seen. More pictures here.
2) Shutters, windows or a door. You know a DIY trend has gone mainstream when Pottery Barn starts selling a super pricey version of it, like they did with a reclaimed shutter headboard recently. Here's a great looking DIY version:
3) Books. This headboard is made entirely of books found at a thrift store. They've been hammered onto a couple pieces of plywood that have been cut to size and hung over the bed. See the step by step here.
4) DIY Upholstery. This one looks the most daunting, but is also the best I think. Design*Sponge posted a videoexplaining how to pull off this awesomeness.
5) Board and batten. This project requires just a few MDF boards, white paint and a nail gun. See a tutorial here.
Which is your favorite?
Author:TJ Anderson Phone: 615-364-1530 Dated: January 4th 2013 Views: 4,814 About TJ: TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a h...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
by TJ AndersonI’ve shared studies before that showed “top” schoo
"T.J. was the perfect agent for my wife and I. He was highly communicative without being over bearing, and was good at listening to our interests and concerns. He was responsive to our needs, and patient and helpful in guiding us through the whole home selling process. T.J. is highly professional all-around, in his appearance, his actions and his words. I would recommend him without question."