by TJ AndersonOutside of Nashville real estate (and sometimes the Preds), the ladies in my life (both two- and four-legged) take up a healthy share of my focus and attention. The little one, in
Something from Nothing: 5 DIY Headboards
1) Pallet. Pallets have been the big thing to upcycle this year, with lots of them getting reimagined as headboards. Some of them turn out pretty meh if you ask me, but here's one of the best examples I've seen. More pictures here.
2) Shutters, windows or a door. You know a DIY trend has gone mainstream when Pottery Barn starts selling a super pricey version of it, like they did with a reclaimed shutter headboard recently. Here's a great looking DIY version:
3) Books. This headboard is made entirely of books found at a thrift store. They've been hammered onto a couple pieces of plywood that have been cut to size and hung over the bed. See the step by step here.
4) DIY Upholstery. This one looks the most daunting, but is also the best I think. Design*Sponge posted a video explaining how to pull off this awesomeness.
5) Board and batten. This project requires just a few MDF boards, white paint and a nail gun. See a tutorial here.
Which is your favorite?
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonThere are a lot of different reasons why the Nashville real estate market has boomed over the last handful of years. We’ve seen massive cultural growth here in Nashville, from
by TJ AndersonI’m getting ready to catch some Nashville fireworks tonight with the family, but getting in a few hours of searching Nashville home listings today, too. On Independence Day, if I
by TJ AndersonFrom the no-surprise department: “Home buyers get more bang for their buck in Nashville's suburbs,” The Tennessean shared late last week.True of most cities; definitely true of