by TJ Anderson HomesPhoto: Lonny magazine - click the image to see moreLonny magazine just gave a photo tour of Nashville fashion designer Savannah Yarborough’s downtown loft, and unsurprisingly,
Something from Nothing: 5 DIY Headboards
1) Pallet. Pallets have been the big thing to upcycle this year, with lots of them getting reimagined as headboards. Some of them turn out pretty meh if you ask me, but here's one of the best examples I've seen. More pictures here.
2) Shutters, windows or a door. You know a DIY trend has gone mainstream when Pottery Barn starts selling a super pricey version of it, like they did with a reclaimed shutter headboard recently. Here's a great looking DIY version:
3) Books. This headboard is made entirely of books found at a thrift store. They've been hammered onto a couple pieces of plywood that have been cut to size and hung over the bed. See the step by step here.
4) DIY Upholstery. This one looks the most daunting, but is also the best I think. Design*Sponge posted a video explaining how to pull off this awesomeness.
5) Board and batten. This project requires just a few MDF boards, white paint and a nail gun. See a tutorial here.
Which is your favorite?
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonLast week, WKRN in Nashville took a little breather from the busy real estate market in Nashville, and focused on the busy real estate market in Lebanon, TN.It’s showing “no signs
by TJ AndersonClicking through Southern Living this week, I came on this report on the fastest-selling homes in America, and how Nashville fits in — nestled at No. 5, sandwiched by two other