by TJ AndersonI’m forever on the lookout for places to buy vintage furniture in Nashville. I’m also forever on the lookout for places to buy unique, handmade home decor.So, when Dashwood&
10 Cant Miss Nashville Headlines
10 Can’t Miss Nashville Headlinesby T.J. Anderson
1) Michelle Obama will make a cameo appearance on Nashville during its May 7 episode.
2) Speaking of Nashville, here’s a rundown of 17 things the show gets wrong about the city.
3) As of 2016, Music Row will be home to a new 240-room hotel. This will be the work of Virgin Group founder and British entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson.
4) Rents will likely rise for many Nashville apartment dwellers. According to Colliers International, the average monthly rent for all submarkets was $912 a month, a figure projected to rise another 3 percent by year's end, to $940 a month.
5) Tennesseean staff photographer Jae S. Lee has released a beautiful two-minute long timelapse video of Nashville.
6) You likely heard about the 17-room, 130-year old house near East Nashville's Walden development when it was offered free to anyone willing to move it to a new location (as the next phase of condos and shops will soon break ground in its place). Though many offered to take it, funding its move to a new location has proven implausible, and it’s now slated for demolition.
7) Speaking of old homes, when is a home old vs. historic? Historic Nashville Inc. breaks it down for us.
8) Trisha Yearwood has listed her Brentwood home for sale for $2.2 million.
9) Dolly Parton ordered everything on the menu at a Nashville restaurant! And Jack White footed her bill! "I've never felt so bad in my life," she said. "(The bill) had to be outrageous because (the restaurant) was expensive!"
10) Check out these eerie photos of the abandoned Tennessee State Prison.
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonThis month we marked two years since we brought home our rescue pup, Lucy Palmer. In October, I celebrate our rescue dog; all months, I celebrate pet rescue in general.If you’re
by TJ AndersonHome design is my particular passion, but I’m inspired by all kinds of visual art forms, from mural-making to graphic design. And in a creatively focused city like Nashville,
by TJ AndersonWhen you have a little one in your Nashville home, the idea of skipping the pumpkin carving around this time of year is a little bit… nope. Luckily, I enjoy the process — it’s a