by TJ AndersonThere’s a lot to celebrate about the Nashville food scene, and rightly, folks from around the country have been celebrating us more and more, for years now. The New York Times
10 Great Things to Click
In no particular order, some worthwhile stuff to click around while on the 'Net:
1) This painting technique is so cool.
2) Two Nashville churches are collecting coats and hats and other winter wear to create "cold kits" for other homeless in the area after a 50-year old homeless man died of hypothermia on the steps of an East Nashville church last week. Temps had dipped to 25 degrees the night before his body was discovered. If you're interested in contributing, here are the details.
3) My friend Shane Stratton of Stratton Exteriors here in Nashville blogged this weekend about 10 Ways to Add Value to Your Home. Anyone looking to sell a home in 2013 should read up.
4) I want: These Caddys!
5) TMZ reported that Carrie Underwood sold the Franklin, Tennessee, home she bought after winning American Idol for $372,000, actually losing $11.5K off her original purchase price.
6) The University School of Nashville is taking registrations for its evening classes on subjects as varied as how to make the perfect pie crust, how to be an extreme couponer, and how to fly fish.
7) Right before Christmas, I did a post about the best Nashville-based blogs. I've since found a few I should have included: sports blog Outkick the Coverage, lifestyle blog Mon Tarte, and home decor blog The Decorologist, from Nashville interior designer extraordinaire Kristie Barnett.
8) Call it "board and batten," call it "wainscoating," call it whatever you want, but I really dig this DIY approach to making your walls looks more put together.
9) How to get the look of wallpaper.
10) Would you, could you make Skittles vodka?
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonIt’s pretty obvious, watching E! series Very Cavallari, that actress/etc. Kristin Cavallari has good taste in home stuff.The Mediterranean-influenced Nashville villa she shares
by TJ AndersonI do it for the love, not for the accolades, but nevertheless: If we’ve worked together, I hope you’ll give me a vote in the Best Real Estate Agent category on your 2018 Best of
by TJ Anderson“Best way to describe Royal Circus? Imagine if Wes Anderson + Tim Burton decided to open a furniture store together.” Well, Royal Circus, you had me at hello.I’ve been