by TJ AndersonWith a lot of Nashvillians, there’s still a bit of a disconnect, where the Nashville Symphony is seen as something geared only toward folks who were reared on classical music and in
10 Nashville Headlines In The National News
2. Tired of so much traffic congestion in Nashville? How about a monorail to unstop the jam? The Tennessee Senate has voted 31-0 to study the feasibility of building a Music City monorail.
3. Nashville is the 25th worst city in the country for allergies (up from No. 36 last year), according to The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. Memphis is the second worst city for allergies.
4. Tin Pan South is over for 2014. Thanks to the annual songwriting festival, 300 songwriters performed at venues across the city last week.
5. Grilled octopi, anyone? It’s suddenly what’s for dinner at plenty of Nashville eateries.
6. An East Nashville mom, who works at the Nashville Public Library, will be a contestant on Jeopardy this Thursday.
7. Something Wicked this way comes.
8. We’re sad to report that Rosepepper Cantina owner Ernie Chaires, 62, passed away on Sunday, March 23. Chaires opened Rosepepper in 2002. In the weeks before he died he granted an interview to The East Nashvillian, which you can read here. Rest in peace, Ernie.
9. Of living here for nine years, Sheryl Crow (who has officially “gone country”) says, "Nashville is amazing. It ups your game [as a songwriter].”
10. A new national homebuilder is all set to enter the Nashville market. According to a news release, San Jose-based UCP Inc. has bought Citizens Homes Inc. of Charlotte, N.C., for approximately $15 million. Citizens builds in Charlotte, Raleigh, Myrtle Beach and Nashville. Citizens was the No. 25 builder in the Nashville area in 2012, when it was issued 45 building permits.
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonI’m forever on the lookout for places to buy vintage furniture in Nashville. I’m also forever on the lookout for places to buy unique, handmade home decor.So, when Dashwood&
by TJ AndersonThis month we marked two years since we brought home our rescue pup, Lucy Palmer. In October, I celebrate our rescue dog; all months, I celebrate pet rescue in general.If you’re
by TJ AndersonHome design is my particular passion, but I’m inspired by all kinds of visual art forms, from mural-making to graphic design. And in a creatively focused city like Nashville,