by TJ AndersonI’m forever on the lookout for places to buy vintage furniture in Nashville. I’m also forever on the lookout for places to buy unique, handmade home decor.So, when Dashwood&
10 Nashville Headlines That Every Nashvillian Needs To Read
1. First and foremost, The East Side Hootenanny starts tomorrow! I’m a sponsor—and a fan.
2. There's a new vision for Wedgewood Houston: 'I have people ask me all the time, 'What's the next Gulch?'' Wedgewood-Houston has a lot of character. It's very industrial. There's a lot of artists, there's a lot of makers, there's a lot of art galleries going in. It has all the things going for it where it can be a great neighborhood. (It) reminds us of where Germantown was 10 or 15 years ago.'
3. A mansion in Murfreesboro is for sale for almost $12 million!
4. SUPER luxury hits Nashville for the first time? Reports the Nashville Business Journal, 'Nashville is now on the radar of these top-tier brands, for the first time ever. It's exciting to see Nashville reach the point where we're so sought-after.'
5. The 25 Most Expensive Homes in Nashville. Yow!
6. Is your neighborhood in a “food desert”? 'Once confined to Nashville's urban core, food deserts are spreading. With no car and no close markets, the poor buy their groceries at convenience stores, where fresh food is hard to find.'
7. Can you believe it? Nashville is now one of the 25 Largest Cities in the U.S.
8. Travel + Leisure readers have named Nashville the No. 1 city in the United States for barbecue. Memphis is pissed.
9. Nashville’s first skyscraper, the 57-year-old L&C Tower, is 70 percent vacant right now. What will become of it?
10. The best brunch spot in town may be at East Nashville’s newly opened POP, says The Nashville Scene.
What'd we miss? You hitting up the Hootenanny this weekend? Come say hi.
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonThis month we marked two years since we brought home our rescue pup, Lucy Palmer. In October, I celebrate our rescue dog; all months, I celebrate pet rescue in general.If you’re
by TJ AndersonHome design is my particular passion, but I’m inspired by all kinds of visual art forms, from mural-making to graphic design. And in a creatively focused city like Nashville,
by TJ AndersonWhen you have a little one in your Nashville home, the idea of skipping the pumpkin carving around this time of year is a little bit… nope. Luckily, I enjoy the process — it’s a