by TJ AndersonWith a lot of Nashvillians, there’s still a bit of a disconnect, where the Nashville Symphony is seen as something geared only toward folks who were reared on classical music and in
7 Nashville Headlines Not To Miss
Our golden city just keeps getting sparklier! Nashville is still having its day in the sun, and we sure are enjoying our turn in the national spotlight. Especially last week. Not only was the 2013 CMA Festival putting Music City in the news, but we're showing up in other ways, too. Enjoy these links!
- Newly featured on the House Beautiful website, this Nashville house, which is home to antiques dealer Jeannette Whitson, has just floored us. Do you love it, too?
- This Hollywood Reporter piece shows some major love to Nashville eateries like Etch, The Southern, Holland House, and The Pharmacy, as well as our celebrities (think power couples like Amy Grant and Vince Gill, Brad Paisley and Kimberly Williams-Paisley, and Clint Black and Lisa Hartman Black).
- Speaking of Nashville celebs, Hills troublemaker Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler eloped here earlier today.
- More good news: Nashville home sales have hit a six-year high. There were 3,061 home sales reported in the Nashville area in May, up 22.4 percent from a year ago.
- Incidentally, would you believe that Nashville rental prices are rising faster than any other place in the nation?
- And just so we have something to file under "Weird News," there's a Nashville father who has 22 kids by 14 different women. He's in the national news because he's been sued for unpaid child support.
- Finally, Mayor Karl Dean has announced the return of Nashville's popular free summer music series on Thursday nights, now called Nashville Dancin' (formerly Dancing in the District).
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonI’m forever on the lookout for places to buy vintage furniture in Nashville. I’m also forever on the lookout for places to buy unique, handmade home decor.So, when Dashwood&
by TJ AndersonThis month we marked two years since we brought home our rescue pup, Lucy Palmer. In October, I celebrate our rescue dog; all months, I celebrate pet rescue in general.If you’re
by TJ AndersonHome design is my particular passion, but I’m inspired by all kinds of visual art forms, from mural-making to graphic design. And in a creatively focused city like Nashville,