by TJ AndersonI’m prone to sharing my thoughts about the best places are to buy furniture in Nashville. About 99 percent of the time, those suggestions are locally bred Nashville shops, like
Nashville Real Estate Roundup
As always, there's a lot going on in the Nashville real estate realm. Here are just a handful of related headlines:
- Hot off the heels of our reporting about Faith Hill and Tim McGraw putting their $20 million Franklin farm on the market, we hear (from the best celebrity real estate blog ever, The Real Estalker) that fellow country music singer Ronnie Dunn has snapped up a $2 million mansion and the six and a half acres it sits on. The house is described as a "noble Neoclassical villa, an elegant red brick central pavilion symmetrically flanked by smaller, identical wings ... [It] sits 500 feet off the road down a picturesque tree-lined driveway and was designed, as per listing details, by noted Palm Beach architect John L. Volk." I am sort of loving all the ornate architectural details on this abode. What do you guys think?
- This Nashville homeowner has a real, real, real fancy French art collection.
- For all the talk about low home inventory in Nashville, the price of Nashville homes has risen only modestly in the past year (up 7.5 percent since this time last year).
- Meanwhile mortgage rates are rising. Rates had hit all-time lows in the months leading up to the recent increase. WTVF reports, "Now a 30-year mortgage will cost you between 4.50% and 4.75%, up from 3.40% in April."
- I loved this piece in The Tennessean that featured a couple from Rochester, NY, who chose to move to Nashville to enjoy their retirement years.
- Sheryl Crow told the Chicago Sun-Times this week that she feels right at home in Nashville.
- Plus, is Nashville in the midst of a boom in office building sales?
- And, in non-real estate related news, have you seen these four dogs riding side car in Nashville?
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonThere’s sure been a lot of talk about Amazon over the past few weeks… But let’s focus on what might affect us here in Nashville — specifically, the Nashville real estate market
by TJ AndersonIf you live in Nashville, or you like country music, or if you ever venture onto the internet, you’ve surely seen the hot breaking news: Country star Miranda Lambert reportedly
by TJ AndersonPhoto: Slow Hand Coffee + BakeshopMost of the best celebrations have an accompanying cake — birthday cakes, wedding cakes, housewarming cakes… (That might not be a thing, but it