by TJ AndersonI’m prone to sharing my thoughts about the best places are to buy furniture in Nashville. About 99 percent of the time, those suggestions are locally bred Nashville shops, like
Nashville in the News: Lady Antebellum Moves to Brentwood, fEASTival, Gwyneth Loves City House, Musi
You've noticed, surely, that the media--local, national, and otherwise--won't shut their trap about how off the chain Nashville, Tennessee, is? Here's some of the most recent flattering coverage, which we expect to just keep coming:
- Tourism in Nashville is looking up, reports The Tennessean. Not only did the CMA Music Festival this summer enjoy record-breaking attendance, but the Nashville hotel market is reportedly growing at rates higher than most other major destination cities.
- Gwyneth Paltrow recently told Food & Wine that City House in Germantown is one of her very favorite restaurants ... in the world.
- According to News Channel 5, Nashville real estate experts say that the sale of the Braxton Condominium complex at Harpeth Shoals Marina in Ashland City is yet another sign that the Nashville real estate market is continuing to bounce back from the recession.
- Further proof: New numbers show that in August Nashville home sales rose by 27 percent compared to this time last year, reports The Nashville Business Journal.
- Franklin, TN, was placed at No. 52 on Money Magazine’s Best Places to Live in America round-up.
- And what of the news that a Nashville developer wants to build an acoustic guitar-shaped skyscraper downtown? Personally, I think the idea rocks.
- TooFab.com tells us that Lady Antebellum songstress Hillary Scott just moved into a nearly $2 million Brentwood home that she purchased in June. The newlywed’s 7,600 square foot house boasts six bedrooms and eight bathrooms.
- And, tell us something we didn’t already know, but the Associated Press recently ran an article reporting that the Nashville rock scene has “moved out of the shadows,” highlighting the success of locals like The Black Keys, The Kings of Leon, Jack White and The Features, among others.
- I wonder: Will you be watching Nashville, the new ABC series starring Hayden Panettiere and Connie Britton and set in Music City? Created by Thelma & Louise writer Callie Khouri, The Wall Street Journal reports that the series is being coproduced by Gaylord Entertainment, which owns the Ryman Auditorium and Grand Ole Opry; so it’s not just Hollywood but Nashville itself that has a stake in the success of this show, which premieres October 10. I won't lie: I'm going to tune in to see what's it all about.
Other links to love:
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonThere’s sure been a lot of talk about Amazon over the past few weeks… But let’s focus on what might affect us here in Nashville — specifically, the Nashville real estate market
by TJ AndersonIf you live in Nashville, or you like country music, or if you ever venture onto the internet, you’ve surely seen the hot breaking news: Country star Miranda Lambert reportedly
by TJ AndersonPhoto: Slow Hand Coffee + BakeshopMost of the best celebrations have an accompanying cake — birthday cakes, wedding cakes, housewarming cakes… (That might not be a thing, but it