by TJ AndersonWith a lot of Nashvillians, there’s still a bit of a disconnect, where the Nashville Symphony is seen as something geared only toward folks who were reared on classical music and in
New Restaurant Happenings In East Nashville Now
All you have to do is blink, and you'll find a new eatery opening on the east side of town. Now that we count The Pharmacy, Lockeland Table, Mas Tacos, and Silly Goose among other, longer-standing restaurants like Margot, Eastland Cafe, and Rosepepper, East Nashville has become a foodie destination of note. And there's more to come! According to the most recent issue of The East Nashvillian, our 'hood is about to get even tastier ... (By the way, how great is The East Nashvillian? Have you picked up a copy recently? We are fortunate to have such a high-quality, free publication chronicling East Nashville happenings and history.)
- Ken's Sushi: Long a favorite sushi spot in midtown, Ken's is packing it bags for Nashville, and will be moved into its new location at 923 Main Street as early as the end of this summer.
- Happy Belly: All that construction that's been going on next to Ugly Mugs will result in at least one new restaurant. Happy Belly is designed to be an Asian gastro pub where you can grab small plates like ramen and sushi, along iwth craft beers, sake, wine and other cocktails.
- The Treehouse: Just behind Margot on Clearview Avenue at 5 Points, The Treehouse will feature food that's locally source and seasonally changing.
- Glazed: You can find fresh donuts inside this shop, located inside Myridia at 5th and Main. Also served there: Drew's Brews coffee.
- Yeast Nashville: At 805 Woodland Street, you can find this bread company, which serves up authentic kolaches, bread, muffins and more.
- Nashville Sweets: Also at 805 Woodland, this boutique bakery specializes in hand crafted cake pops, cupcakes, cakes and other desserts.
- Haulin' Oats: Now situated amongst the shops in The Idea Hatchery on Woodland, this place offers up individual servings of oatmeal made with coconut oil and almond butter.
- Bongo Java: Have you noticed Bongo Java cleared out its roasting gear, leaving a wide open space at its 11th Street outpost? The Nashville institution moved its roasting HQ to The Gulch and is expanding its kitchen to include a three-meal menu similar to the one served at Fido.
- The Post: Look for this coffee, smoothie, and juice place--plus, a bakery--to open near The Pharmacy at the intersection of McFerrin/West Eastland.
- Kernels Gourmet Popcorn: Now open at 2501B Gallatin Avenue, this popcorn joint features 12 flavors that can be picked up or delivered.
- Tenn16 Food & Drink Company: Maybe my FAVORITE new spot, this venture comes to us from East Nashville restauranteurs and the bar owners behind 3 Crow and Red Door. The NOLA infused food is served around a huge bar, lots of TVs, and friendly staff. Football Sundays will be even busier in 5 Points this year.
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonI’m forever on the lookout for places to buy vintage furniture in Nashville. I’m also forever on the lookout for places to buy unique, handmade home decor.So, when Dashwood&
by TJ AndersonThis month we marked two years since we brought home our rescue pup, Lucy Palmer. In October, I celebrate our rescue dog; all months, I celebrate pet rescue in general.If you’re
by TJ AndersonHome design is my particular passion, but I’m inspired by all kinds of visual art forms, from mural-making to graphic design. And in a creatively focused city like Nashville,