by TJ AndersonWith a lot of Nashvillians, there’s still a bit of a disconnect, where the Nashville Symphony is seen as something geared only toward folks who were reared on classical music and in
Something from Nothing: 5 DIY Headboards
1) Pallet. Pallets have been the big thing to upcycle this year, with lots of them getting reimagined as headboards. Some of them turn out pretty meh if you ask me, but here's one of the best examples I've seen. More pictures here.
2) Shutters, windows or a door. You know a DIY trend has gone mainstream when Pottery Barn starts selling a super pricey version of it, like they did with a reclaimed shutter headboard recently. Here's a great looking DIY version:
3) Books. This headboard is made entirely of books found at a thrift store. They've been hammered onto a couple pieces of plywood that have been cut to size and hung over the bed. See the step by step here.
4) DIY Upholstery. This one looks the most daunting, but is also the best I think. Design*Sponge posted a video explaining how to pull off this awesomeness.
5) Board and batten. This project requires just a few MDF boards, white paint and a nail gun. See a tutorial here.
Which is your favorite?
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonI’m forever on the lookout for places to buy vintage furniture in Nashville. I’m also forever on the lookout for places to buy unique, handmade home decor.So, when Dashwood&
by TJ AndersonThis month we marked two years since we brought home our rescue pup, Lucy Palmer. In October, I celebrate our rescue dog; all months, I celebrate pet rescue in general.If you’re
by TJ AndersonHome design is my particular passion, but I’m inspired by all kinds of visual art forms, from mural-making to graphic design. And in a creatively focused city like Nashville,