by TJ AndersonThis prediction from Dwell magazine, from late last year, just made its way into my Facebook feed: “Step Aside, Subway Tile — Penny Tile Is the New Classic.” Penny tile,
Something from Nothing: 5 DIY Headboards
1) Pallet. Pallets have been the big thing to upcycle this year, with lots of them getting reimagined as headboards. Some of them turn out pretty meh if you ask me, but here's one of the best examples I've seen. More pictures here.
2) Shutters, windows or a door. You know a DIY trend has gone mainstream when Pottery Barn starts selling a super pricey version of it, like they did with a reclaimed shutter headboard recently. Here's a great looking DIY version:
3) Books. This headboard is made entirely of books found at a thrift store. They've been hammered onto a couple pieces of plywood that have been cut to size and hung over the bed. See the step by step here.
4) DIY Upholstery. This one looks the most daunting, but is also the best I think. Design*Sponge posted a video explaining how to pull off this awesomeness.
5) Board and batten. This project requires just a few MDF boards, white paint and a nail gun. See a tutorial here.
Which is your favorite?
TJ Anderson is a Nashville Realtor with Benchmark Realty who's helped countless clients both buy a home and sell a home in Nashville, Tennessee. He blogs about Nashville regularly, from Nashville-area....
Latest Blog Posts
by TJ AndersonJet back to late summer of 2013, and Imbibe magazine — “the ultimate guide to drinks culture” — was nodding to Nashville’s cocktail scene as “burgeoning.”As we dive into
by TJ AndersonIn newer homes, sure, it’s important to make sure all your details are on point, including door knobs. But with historic homes, those details tend to hold extra weight — period
by TJ Anderson16 years ago, when I was first starting out as a Nashville Realtor, I worked with a lot of post-grads and young couples, buying their first home in neighborhoods close to